The Event setup screen (Event > Event setup) contains an area called Attendance calculation.
The settings in this area allow you to change how attendees (A person who has registered for an event and also attends it. Attendance is counted based on the Attendance calculation settings in Event setup) and visits (Each day a registrant attends an event counts as 1 visit. If the event spans 3 days and a registrant attends every day, 3 visits will be counted for that registrant. Visits are counted based on the Attendance calculation settings in Event setup) are counted for the event. In the Based on field, you select one or more occurrences that should trigger Visit to count an attendee and/or visit:
- Lead: An exhibitor scans a visitor's badge to capture a sales lead. See also Visit Connect.
- Print: A visitor's badge is printed from an EventBox in Scan & Go mode. See also Scan & Go.
- Scan: A visitor's voucher, badge or e-badge is scanned by an EventBox in Access Control mode. See also Access Control.
The default selection for new events is Lead, Print and Scan. Selecting Lead is especially useful if the event is set up in such a way that visitors can enter without having their voucher or badge scanned at an entrance. This could be the case if multiple events are taking place side-by-side within the same venue, for example.
Each attendee can be counted only once per event, but each day they attend the event counts as 1 visit. If a registrant attends day 1 and day 3 of the event, Visit will count 1 attendee and 2 visits.
Under the default settings, Visit begins counting attendance three days before the Start date of the event at 00:01 and stops on the End date at 23:59. You can change this time window by adjusting the Limit start offset in hours and Limit end offset in hours settings. Simply select the relevant checkboxes and enter values in hours.
For example, if you want attendance to be counted from 2 days before the event starts until 1 day after it closes, enter these settings:
Impact of your settings
Your settings for Attendance calculation have consequences for these parts of Visit:
- Service Centre tab: Your settings will affect the results you get when you filter the list of visitors by Attendance state. See Search using Basic Filters and Attendance State.
- Intelligence tab: Your settings will affect any attendance-related figures shown on this tab. See Visit Intelligence.
- EventBox (in Service Centre mode): Your settings will affect any attendance-related figures shown here. See Service Centre.
Although your settings affect how your event attendance figures are calculated, they do not affect the event data used for the calculations themselves. In other words, you can safely experiment with different combinations of settings to recalculate the figures again and again.