If you plan to use the Visit Connect scan app to collect leads (A lead is a person who represents a sales opportunity for your company), you need to ensure your staff has their licences. As an Admin user you are responsible for
- distributing the licences in person, or digitally
- deciding whether to allow or not allow the licencee to send their lead data from the app.
1. Use link to access Visit Connect
In your order confirmation email, use the link easy access to the Visit Connect portal so that you can get started with assigning your licences
2. Edit licences
- Select to view all licences for this event. You can edit only licences of the type "scan app".
- Edit the licences one by one by selecting the edit icon You now access the Scan Licence dialogue, shown below.
3. Select and send by email
Select one or more licence with a check and click the Ebutton. The recipient(s) of the scan licences receive the licence in the form of a QR code that can be used directly for activation from the email or printed and saved for later.
4. Select and print
Print now, and distribute the licences later in person. Select the scan app licences you wish to print, and click thebutton. This allows you to download a PDF with all the licences selected for printing.
Once a licence has been activated, you can no longer print or email the licence.
Make sure your stand personnel (Stand personnel means: the people who represent your company inside your stand or booth at the event) are ready to use the scan app to collect leads. There are now only two things they will need to do:
- Download the Android or iOS app.
- Activate the assigned licence. See Activate the scan licence.
- Try to ensure the Visit Connect app is set up in advance, when you have access to the internet for licence activation.
NOTE: Using barcode scanners (A barcode scanner is a hand-held device used to scan visitor badges, among other things) instead of the app? Then you don't need to assign licences – but you will have to collect your barcode scanners from the Visit Connect desk at the event. Read more about barcode scanners.