Here are some solutions to common problems.
I can't find my order confirmation
Your Visit Connect order confirmation email contains instructions on how to set up your web portal (The Visit Connect web portal is where you manage your accounts, licences and leads), activate scan licences and install the Visit Connect app, among other things. In most cases, one of these people in your company will have received the order confirmation:
- the person who originally placed the order (see Ordering licences);
- your company's main contact person.
If you are this person, try searching your emails for this information:
- sender address is 'email@example.com';
- subject contains 'Set up your Visit Connect account';
- message body contains 'Visit Connect'.
NOTE: Don't forget to search your 'spam', 'junk email' and 'deleted items' folders in addition to your inbox!
Still can't find the order confirmation? Please contact us for help.
I can't access my account
If you created an account for the Visit Connect web portal in the past, but are having problems logging in, please consult the Visit Account Help. If you did not yet create an account, see Create your Visit Connect account.
My company name is already in use
If you're having trouble creating a Visit Connect account because your company name is already in use, this is usually due to one of the following reasons:
- You (or someone in your team) recently created a Visit Partner account. Your accounts for Visit Connect and Visit Partner are linked, which means you can simply log in to Visit Connect with your Visit Partner account credentials.
- You (or your team) used Visit Connect/Visit Partner on a previous event. As such, an account for your team already exists. You could click Forgot password to try to get access to your existing account – or you could seek out the original account holder and ask them to add you as a user. The original account holder is usually either the person who placed the order or whoever is known to the event organiser as your company's main contact person (see also I can't find my order confirmation).
- Another team in your company is also using Visit Connect/Visit Partner. If you work in a large organisation, there might be several teams, departments or branches using Visit Connect/Visit Partner simultaneously. You could seek out the account owner and ask them to give access to your team, so that you can pool your leadsA lead is a person who represents a sales opportunity for your company.. Or, if you want to keep your leads separate, you can create your own account by typing in a slightly changed company name. For example, you could add an identifier for your team, like 'Company Name (Sales)' or 'Company Name (UK)'.
Still not sure what to do? You can always contact us for advice!
My leads don't appear in the web portal
First, check that the side menu is displaying the correct event name (see Managing your events). You may have accidentally selected a previous event, or you may still need to activate your licence for the current event (see Add a new event).
If you still cannot see your leads, it may be a matter of synchronising the data from the devices. Data retrieval depends on your lead collection method, Visit Connect scan app or a The barcode scanner:
- If your stand personnel (Stand personnel means: the people who represent your company inside your stand or booth at the event) used the Visit Connect app, make sure it can connect to the internet long enough to synchronise its data. Though you can use many other app features offline, synchronisation still requires an active internet connection. (see Retrieving your lead data from the app)
NOTE: If you use the Visit Connect app, it is really important that you synchronise the leads on any borrowed or rented devices before returning the device to your supplier, at the end of the event. To ensure that all leads were properly synchronised you should check that the leads are visible in the Visit Connect portal (not the app).
- If you used barcode scanners, make sure you returned all your scanners at the pick-up point so that the data can be downloaded (see Retrieving your lead data from barcode scanners). In most cases, your leads will appear in the portal within 1 hour after returning your scanners. If they don't appear after 24 hours, please contact us.
If the above didn't solve your problem, contact us for help.