What is an Event? An Event in Visit represents an actual event such as a trade show, conference, corporate event etc. It is important that the details that you enter reflect accurately the details of the event. The dates entered influence Visit Intelligence data.
When you create an Event, a number of details will be unique such as the title or date. However, a number of items can be reused such as translations or questions, having been set up either at Organisation level or in a previous Event (if this is not your very first Event).
The workflow for setting up an Event usually looks like this;
- Event: define the details of the event
- Translations: choose which translations you want to use for the event
- Email Templates: design emails that registrants will receive
- Look & feel: design the look and feel of the forms to reflect the Event
- Vouchers: design the entry vouchers that you will scan at the entry point
- Questions: decide the questions that need to be asked during the registration process
- Pages: group the questions how they will display on the screen
- Forms: define the order that the pages will appear
- Badges: design the badges
- Publish online: allow your form to be seen and used by registrants
- Online setup: setup the registration system at the Event location
After the Event is set up and you start receiving Registrants, you can monitor the progress using the Service Centre (see section Service Centre functions).
This guide will take you through each of these steps.