Use these popular questions from other exhibitors as inspiration when you set up your own custom questions:
- What is your buying cycle?
- What is your preferred method of contact?
- When are you looking to place an order?
- What is your purchasing authority?
- Who is your current supplier for ... ?
- Are you looking for a particular type of product?
- What products are you interested in?
- What is your total budget?
- Are there any colleagues we should also contact?
- What quantity of product X are you looking to order?
Note that you could also add questions for stand personnel (Stand personnel means: the people who represent your company inside your stand or booth at the event) to answer after they have interviewed a lead (A lead is a person who represents a sales opportunity for your company), such as:
- Is this lead hot, warm or cold?
- Please assign a follow-up action (e.g. send a brochure, send an email, set up a meeting, none of the above, other).
Remember: the better you tailor your questions to your customers and business needs, the more effective your post-event follow-up.