What is GDPR? we've made changes that can be useful to Organisers in their efforts to meet the requirements of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This regulation is designed to protect the privacy and data of individuals and comes into effect on May 25, 2018.
Here's a summary of the features you might use to meet the privacy and data handling requirements of GDPR.
- Include your privacy contact email and display name for use in the system.
- Generate system emails to provide the collected personal data to visitors, upon request.
- Anonymise data of visitors who request this of an event Organiser.
- The EventBox now has a screen lock which is automatically enabled in Service Centre mode. You set the time out (maximum 10 minutes) and password for your organisation in the Visit portal.
- In addition, the data in the EventBox is encrypted for extra security.