The next step is to create a template to map the fields. This means telling the System where the fields in your spreadsheet should go in the database, e.g. in your spreadsheet you have a column called ‘Surname’ which is ‘Last Name’ in the database. This template can be used in other Events too which is useful if you use the same data source regularly. If a mapping already exists you can simply select that to use.
- Select +Create Mapping
- Enter a name for the mapping (required)
- Enter a description (optional)
- Select the checkbox if the mapping should be made available for all Events
- If the spreadsheet to be imported has more than one worksheet with data on it, select which worksheet should be used from the Select sheet drop-down list.
- Select the mapping you have just created
- Click Proceed to next step
If you have already created a mapping you can select that instead of creating a new one. Any changes you make to the mapping during an import are automatically saved to the mapping. The next time you use the mapping the changes will be present.